There are four types of inner ear problems that can cause vertigo:
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Vestibular neuronitis
- Meniere’s disease
Watch this video for details of these conditions:
There are some specialised tests that can be done to assess these conditions. Therapy can be done accordingly. These include:
- Habituation exercises - getting used to the aggravating positions/ movements
- Gaze stability exercises - practice movements of the your head while keeping your eyes focused on a specific point
- Balance and gait training - training static and dynamic balance
- Shoulder/ cervical exercises
These exercises will help to:
- Reduce the symptoms of vertigo and dizziness
- Reduce the symptoms of nausea and vomiting
- Improve mobility and balance
- Reduce the risk of falls
- Enable patients to return to pre-dizziness levels of activity
- Improve quality of life.
If you want to know more about easy ways to manage your dizziness (Vertigo), feel free to join my free community where we discuss this topic in a judgement free friendly group.
If you like this blog and want to be notified about new blogs as soon as they are published, subscribe to my mailing list below.