Stenosis means narrowing and a spinal stenosis is a narrowing in any part of the spine. There are two kinds of stenosis seen in the spine. When you are reading your scan results or discussing your condition with the doctor they can refer to these two collectively as spinal stenosis. Spinal stenosis can be either a Central Spinal Stenosis or a Foraminal Stenosis.
Watch this video to learn more about Spinal Stenosis :
Here are 6 signs that you may have if you are suffering from spinal stenosis:
- You have constant pain and/or numbness in your legs or your arms, specially more while standing or looking up above your head.
- Your pain eases with rest or bending the spine (back/neck) forwards.
- You have difficulty in performing upright exercises or activities.
- You have abnormal sensations such as tingling numbness and weakness may be felt in the arms and hands with cervical involvement and in the legs with lumbar involvement.
- You may have a foot drop or your foot may drag while walking if lower lumbar spine is involved.
- You may have balance issues if your cervical spine is affected.
If you are looking for simple solutions to your spinal stenosis and Neck/back pain you can access the free trainings on "Simple Solutions to Manage Your Back Pain" and "Simple Solutions to Manage Your Neck Pain" in my free community HERE.
Also, if you like this blog and want to be notified about new blogs as soon as they are published, subscribe to my mailing list below.
I would love to see you around the internet! For other places you can explore more about me: https://withswati.com/page/link